Friday, October 5, 2012
Post Dated 06-Oct-2012
Look at the Quotable Quotes section of any web site; You will find most of the quotes coming from western authors, leaders and religionists. They are good and impressive – as far as they go. But they are also a painful indicates the GAP in the spread of knowledge and wisdom from the EAST to the other parts of the world.
India had the best of knowledge and wisdom in many fields of human life and Endeavour for several millennia. The life and sayings of Great leaders like Lord Krishna and Rama remains unknown to the rest of the world in any significant way. They are certainly not mythical characters who never existed. They were actual human beings, with divine blessings, the best ever born on earth. Their quotes therefore need to be studied in greater depth and made known to the whole Human race.
When we come to spiritual leaders, the best are undoubtedly from India.
They are not only spiritual;as their wisdom touches every aspect of human life – and life after life too.
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is one such Extraordinary Spiritual leader - who transcends the boundaries of all religions, nations, races, and in fact, all such labels that divide human beings. His beautiful words touch upon many facets of human life and are relevant in every part of the world.
This Blog has been covering his fascinating QUOTABLE QUOTES; and, Readers can find number of his quotes in the earlier posts in this Blog.
Here are a few more GREAT QUOTES from the Sadhguru for the attention of readers. As always, the ACTION PART is put in BOLD LETTERS, so that the action and its result come to our attention distinctly.
1. “I am not talking about you being a spectator, I am talking about involvement. I am talking about involving yourself into life in such a way that you dissolve into it.
2. Too many people are hungry not because there is dearth of food. It is because there is dearth of love and care in human hearts.
3. Animals are neither crude nor cruel. They just function according to the dictate of their instinct.
4. The same dimension that made Krishna or Jesus who they were, exists within you too. It just needs your attention to blossom.
5. If you are willing to strive there is a way to go beyond all the limitations that are considered human.
6. Mantras are means to prepare you towards the higher possibility of becoming meditative.
7. If you conduct your relationships responsibly, with love and care, they will go well.
8. You have the potential to experience the whole universe as a part of yourself. Yoga is about exploring this possibility.
9. Prosperity comes out of clarity and competence; not because of competition against others.
10. If we nurture hatred and violence against others, some day, it will get us too.
11. If you look heavenward, you will lose your sense of reality.
12. All of us have the opportunity to do something useful in the world. Instead of looking at someone else, look at what you can do.
13. Guilt is a socially cultivated emotion, a poison directed against yourself.
14. Contentment is a poor substitute for joy. It means you have given up on the possibility of living joyfully.
15. Birth and death are just passages where life is moving from one phase to another.
16. Education needs inspiration, not just information. Only an inspired human being can transform his life and lives around him.
17. Every experience of your life – light and darkness, pain and pleasure, misery and joy, agony and ecstasy – happens only within you.
18. Exploring your Potential to the fullest is more important than being one step ahead of someone else.
19. Logic can take you through the mundane. But, if you want to know the magic of life, you need to transcend logic.
20. Boredom occurs when you have neither attention nor involvement with life around you but just lost in your own thoughts.
21. A rat race is for rats. A human being can consciously create what he wants without being driven by social compulsions.
22. Your body and mind are just accumulations that you have gathered. What you can accumulate can be yours, but it can never be you.
23. Spirituality is not about peace, joy or going to heaven – it is about exploring yourself totally.
24. How beautifully you can relate to someone simply depends upon your willingness and flexibility, and that in turn upon how blissful you are.
25. Love is a longing to include someone as a part of yourself. It is a possibility to become more than what you are, by inclusion.
26. Ignoring the source of creation and trying to conduct your life is a terribly egoistic and ignorant attitude towards life.
27. Only when there is no fear of suffering, you are willing to totally involve yourself with life around you.
28. Blissfulness does not compel you to behave in any particular way. Out of bliss, I can laugh or cry; I can sit quietly or be active.
29. The moment you ascribe who you are right now to what happened yesterday, you have written off your life.
30. Once you have access to the source o creation within you, your health and well being will naturally be taken care of.
31. Thinking that nobody in this world is okay is the first step to madness.
With best wishes
To all Disciples and followers of Sadhguru &
All other Readers.
* * * Will Continue * * *